Last Update: October 19, 2020
The Athletic Advisor LLC, a Kansas limited liability company (referred to as “we,” “us,” or “our“) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you register, access, or use the Site.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect on the Site, in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with your use of the Site.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that: (i) we collect offline or on any other apps or websites that we own or operate, even if accessed through the Site; or (ii) you provide to, or is collected by, any third party.
Our other websites and apps, and these other third parties, if applicable, may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through those apps or websites.
Before a child (under the age of 18) may register with, access, or use the Site, we may require that the child’s parents or legal guardians be informed about our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information. We also may require verifiable consent from a child’s parent or legal guardian before the collection, use, and disclosure of the child’s personal information. We will obtain such consent by requiring parental acceptance via a check box on our website that states the following “My child is at least 13 years old and has my permission to use this website and any tools as part of this program and I acknowledge and consent that data will be collected about my child as part of this program.” This is required before a customer can start the program. This Policy notifies parents of:
- The types of information we may collect.
- How we use the information we collect.
- Our practices for disclosing that information.
- All of our operations that collect or maintain information from children through the Site.
- Our practices for notifying and obtaining parents’ consent for other matters, if we determine such consent is necessary.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
- As described below, we collect information you provide to us, and information about your usage of the Site.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide to us when you register a user account or otherwise interact with us through the Site.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site, including, but not limited to, information provided at the time of subscribing to our service, and requesting further services.
- Information that may be used to personally identify you, such as name, email address, telephone number, or any other information the Site collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“).
- Information that you provide through the Site such as your height, weight, athletic metrics, academic information, character and leadership qualities and experience, work history, and other information provided for the purpose of developing an Interactive Player Profile. Click here https://athleticadvisorllc.com/wpcms/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/ipp-full.png to see an example of a completed Interactive Player Profile.
- Such other information as we request or that you otherwise provide to us through the Site, but that is not considered personal information.
- Information you provide when you report a problem with the Site.
- Records and copies of your communications with us (including email addresses and phone numbers).
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfillment of your purchases. You may be required to provide financial information to our payment processing vendor before placing an order through the Site, but we will not directly retain your payment information.
- Any other information that you provide to us.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you register, access, and use the Site, we may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Site, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Site.
- Device Information. We may collect information about any device you use to access the Site and your internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Location Information. The Site does not collect real-time information about the location of your device, but does provide us with general information about the state in which you are located.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone or other device. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Site.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Site and our communications with you may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Site content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information to:
- Provide you with the Site and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Build an Interactive Player Profile which provides coaches, administrators, and other personnel at educational or scholarship organization an overview of your (or your child’s) athletic, personal, and academic information.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the personal information.
- Give you notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when Site updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage of information we collect helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Evaluate usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the Site.
Disclosure of Your Information
- At your direction, we may use your information in the course of providing your Interactive Player Profile to third parties that you designate, such as college coaches, athletic department personnel, college administrators, and other personnel at educational or scholarship organizations.
- If you are a student athlete, your parent will have full access to all information in your user account, including, but not limited to, all information that is used in creating your Interactive Player Profile.
- We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
- We reserve the right to use information we collect or that you provide, in any manner not prohibited by applicable law or this Policy.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or that you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or others (although we have no obligation to make such disclosure)
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. You may limit the collection or disclosure of your information as described below. Limiting the collection or use of information may cause some portions of the Site or services we provide to you to be inaccessible or not function as intended. We will not have any liability or obligation to you resulting from your limitation of collection or use of your information.
- Tracking Technologies. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent.
- User Account Settings. From time-to-time we may provide you the ability to limit collection or use of certain information through settings in your user account.
- Declining to Provide Information. You may decline to provide information to use through forms we provide through the Site or in any other form.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Do not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.